Sunflowers in the Sun

My nails are still not the right length and my cuticles are still dry and wounded in some spots. However, I couldn't bear bare nails any longer. Fed up, I posted on Facebook this morning, calling upon my fans for what design to create. The respondent asked for flowers or blossoms of some sort, and since it has been absolutely gorgeous and sunny all day, I decided to do sunflowers. I'm pretty pleased with the results too.



The base for this is Suzi Says Feng Shui (OPI). The petals were done primarily with Design Yellow (Color Madric), but then I added a tiny bit of Me First, a neon yellow from Sinful Colors. The seeds were dotted on using another OPI, Get in the Expresso Lane.

12 comments :

  1. This is a really creative take on sunflowers, I absolutely love it! Suzi Says Feng Shui is one of my favorite blues :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot! I've always loved sunflowers. I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your sunny weather via nail art. It's been so rainy and gloomy here I really enjoyed the pick-me-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful reminder that spring is just around the corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great interpretation of sunflowers. I like how you positioned them to be like half-moons. Lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL! Looks sort of like an actual painting on you nails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! I love how you did the sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm doing this. And I totally had only visited your blog to steal an earlier idea of yours, then you tempt me more with this beauty! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! What were you looking for originally?

      Delete
    2. The dots you did recently, not the ones for Chalkboard's contest, the multi sized rows!

      Delete
  9. OMG I looove these!!! These are so great! I'm seriously sunflower-obsessed ahhh!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy comments of all types! However, please do NOT promote your blog through the comments of my own. If you would like to contact me personally, please use the Contact and Disclosure page at the top of my blog. Thank you and enjoy!