4/20

One thing I've learned in life living in both Santa Cruz and Boulder, is that marijuana is everywhere, and the culture behind it runs thick. One of the most celebrated days surrounding weed is April 20th, or 4/20. I like to think of it as National Each Junk Food and Giggle Day, but you can read more about it here. Notice two of the images. One's from UC Santa Cruz, my Alma Mater. I've been out to that field just to experience it. Much like the naked run, it's a tradition that can't be missed. It's a harmless event out in an open field, where people literally just sit around all day getting high. At 4:20 PM, the lighters really burn hot, and a weed-cloud forms above the crowd. Then it'll peter out, and everyone goes back home to watch movies and eat some munchies. (It must be a good day for any delivery company.)

Moving to Boulder last year, I learned its just as big if not bigger here. I live right near the University, so I had planned to stop and see what it's all about over here. Unfortunately, they're locking it down this year, ticketing any non-students or faculty who pass through there. Again, it's harmless, but I suppose since it all technically happens on school grounds, it would be frowned upon if there wasn't some police presence.

So in honor of the most harmless and relaxed day of the year, I've done a little rasta-tribute using this tutorial and two new Etsy glitters from windestine.



On top of the three China Glaze's used here (Happy Go Lucky, Hey Sailor, and Starboard) are windestine's black and white glitters, Asbestos and Carbon Copy. I'm so unbelievably happy that I found and bought these two colors because they can completely change a manicure. The red was taking over most of my nail (oops), and I didn't like that. So enter windestine glitters and my problem's solved.

14 comments :

  1. Looks great! Love the tie-dye effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm sad I can't do a 420 mani because I work tomorrow, but this is awesome to see :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome!!! I had forgotten that it was 4-20 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of tie-dye but I really like how this looks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so creative...love it! i want the snow globe polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like she still has the mini size of Asbestos. Here's a link, but you better hurry! There's only 5 left, and once word gets out, I bet they'll go fast!

      Delete
  6. Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. If you already have it just ignore this but if you are interested you can find it here: http://kellysnailblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    I have been admiring your work on this blog. As soon as I saw I was to select other blogs for this award I knew your blog was a very deserving and an was choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I've added it to my Awards and Mentions page. I'm so glad you like what I do over here on my blog!

      Delete

I enjoy comments of all types! However, please do NOT promote your blog through the comments of my own. If you would like to contact me personally, please use the Contact and Disclosure page at the top of my blog. Thank you and enjoy!