Sation Little Horse on the Prairie Collection Review

How y'all doin'? I've fallen off the horse lately, kickin' up my boots at various concerts and good times, but I'm ready to get back into the saddle and paint this town red...or at least this blog.

I wanted to kick off the return to the rodeo with a new and gorgeous collection from Miss Professional Nail's signature line Sation called Little Horse on the Prairie. Here's the low down on the collection straight from the source:



Little Horse features six shades with a clever mix of hot-to-trot names, developing pigments that radiate the sun's vital energy and the sky's fade-to-black process:
  • Sun Worship-Her rises and shines with a red-orange scorcher that is front and center this season.
  • Rock-a-Guy-Blue is a tough-tinted shade that offers a raw replication of a midnight sky.
  • Cut to daybreak with Blue Sky's the Limit, a uniquely uplifting blue reminiscent of a clear summer day.
  • Weed out the Wimps offers a whimsical, woodsy green, and a tribute to frolicking barefoot on miles of grassland.
  • The barn door bursts open with Ring Around the Horsie, a rich, roughed-up rose tone that transitions seamlessly into Fall.
  • Little Horse rounds out the collection with Prairie Fairy, a flesh-flattering peaches-and-cream that adds a touch of femininity, inspired by earth goddesses everywhere.


The Miss Pro team says it's totally inspired by the shades painted by mother nature in the surrounding environment. Once you get a glimpse of these, you'll see why. Giddy up!

Sun Worship-Her is first. It really is a red-orange stunner. It sticks out like a sore thumb in the collection because it's so unmuted, but it's in no way a choice I would leave out. I love it so much!



Rock-a-Guy-Blue was really exciting to apply. The first coat showed some exciting undertones. They're teal! So it's a deep, dark blue-teal. (I'd be terrible at naming Crayons.) I imagine this is what the deep ocean looks like, but we'll have to wait for James Cameron to give us an HD expedition before we know for sure.



Blue Sky's the Limit is my favorite. What a color! It really is sky blue. The beautiful kind of dark-light blue that rolls in right before a storm.



Here's Weed out the Wimps. Grassy and natural and beautiful.



Ring Around the Horsie: the brown-red, dark barn color. It seems darker on my nails than it does in the bottle. The firehouse would be painted the same as this bottle's color.



Prairie Fairy isn't just another nude. It teeters a little on nude and pink, and I think which side it falls on depends on the skin tone behind the nail.



I'm thrilled with every color! The finishes are all shiny and beautiful, and application was effortless in two to three coats.

The nail art for the collection was a given, especially after seeing the nautical nails done by Hey, Nice Nails! I roped in my favorite color, Rock-a-Guy Blue for this rope design.


You can buy this collection sometime in August from Miss Pro Nail at their website here. Shipping is international you'll be happy to know, and bottles are $5.00.

These products were sent to me by Miss Professional Nail. The reviews are based entirely on my experience with the products and were in no way influenced by anyone.

9 comments :

  1. Yet another gorgeous collection of Sation nail polishes - your gotta' love 'em!!!
    Thanks for sharing these gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite pretty! But I have to say my favorite part of this post was your rope nail art design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that my favourite is Rock-a-Guy-Blue, but I would like to have them all! :-) Beautiful rope-design! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious pics; lovely work cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy comments of all types! However, please do NOT promote your blog through the comments of my own. If you would like to contact me personally, please use the Contact and Disclosure page at the top of my blog. Thank you and enjoy!